Here is a quick simple side-dish that you can use again and again….and of course it is our favorite, mushrooms!
Prep. Time: not long
Cook Time: again not too long
What you need:
- 1 pound of white mushrooms (also works great with other types to, such as cremini and portebello!!)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic-minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Soy Sauce
- Clean mushrooms by wiping with a paper towel or by using a mushroom brush. (Do not rinse!)
- Slice into thick slices
- add butter and oil to a pan and heat over medium high
- add garlic and cook until fragrant/ until you hear someone say “mmm…smells good!” (about 1 minute)
- Quickly toss the mushrooms and soy sauce (Do not do this ahead of time, this will remove moisture from the mushrooms)
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and allow to caramelize. Key: do not stir too much. This allows caramelization giving you a rich and yummy flavor.
- cook until desired doneness or until you just can’t wait any longer (about 4 minutes)
- Eat and enjoy the now caramelized mushrooms of delicious goodness!!!